Saturday 21 December 2019

SOHO (1996-99) is a monument to the time when the ‘Great War’ against me was unleashed

SOHO (1996-99) is a monument to the time when the ‘Great War’ against me was unleashed, like a dam bursting, and the ‘great separation’ began, when polite society “cast me out” thanks God. I don’t know if anyone is ever brave enough to cast themselves out. You need to BE cast out, be forcefully expelled, be exiled. This forces you to make a life in exile, and in exile you achieve your glory. Like James Joyce “exiled” from Ireland, Marx from Germany. For some of us, exile is when we are born, and only when exiled can we start our rise to power, and glory, and triumph. Only in exile can we bloom & blossom. It was the “comfort” of living in a society that never really liked me that held me back for so long. But—hard to cast yourself out! You need them to do it for you. So you provoke them to it. In relationships, too. I’ve been in relationships where I’ve provoked the girl to end it, because I knew I needed to be free again, but didn’t want to hurt them by doing it myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How lucky I am

Standing waiting for lift to take me down to washing machine, I thought how lucky I am to live here in Penicillin Mansions,and how lovely it...